Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Out of the mouths of babes

Sweet things I've heard recently from the kids...

Maura, about to go to sleep, after I made the sign of the cross over her: "A-MEN!" (maybe you had to be there, but it was cute and I was impressed that she recognized it as a prayer and then knew what to say at the end of a prayer).

Emmelia, whispered in church: "Mama - Jesus is praying for me!" Hmmm... I'm not sure she quite understands the concept of prayer, but at least she knows Jesus cares about her, right?

Emmelia, after suffering through the indignity of getting her nails clipped: "I was brave - like St. George!" I almost started laughing that that one. Apparently to her the stress of getting your nails clipped is like fighting a horrible dragon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home