Thursday, August 18, 2005

My primary vice


Okay, okay - it's a hobby and not necessarily a vice. I do spend a lot of time working on digital scrapbooking that I could spend more productively doing something else. But that's okay. There's worse vices.

I just completed this digital scrapbook layout today with some photos I took of Emmelia a week or so ago. I loved them all and wanted to showcase them all on one page. I like the way it came out. It was my first real attempt at tinting a photograph a certain color.

For you techies out there, all my layouts are done with an open source (read: free) software program called The Gimp (www.gimp.org). It's pretty powerful - I can do basically everything my friends with Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro can do. The geek in me gets a kick out of learning how to use The Gimp for all kinds of special effects and scrapbooking fun. All this to say that I'm sure you'll regularly be seeing more layouts if you keep checking my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home