Thursday, December 29, 2005

Taking a Bath-tized

Four years ago today, little Emmelia Raphaela became a member of the Church through the sacrament of Holy Baptism. Or, (as she called it for months after seeing her little sister get dunked) she "took a bath-tized". She remained a pious little child for some 3 years or so, with only a small break around 18 months when she was afraid of the chalice and refused Communion quite regularly. We'll get back to pious someday. Right now church is the place where Mom expects her to be quiet and play nicely - not so much fun.

I still remember one time when Emmelia and I were going into the local hospital for a La Leche League meeting and Emmelia (was she 2 or 3? I can't remember - probably 3) said "I was born in a hospital". I agreed with this statement and then she said "I was born in church, too". I'm not sure why she said that, but it gave me the chills.

God grant Emmelia & her Godparents (speaking of whom, if you're reading this - Emmelia mentioned last Sunday that she hasn't seen her god-brother or god-sister in quite a while. We need to work on that this year...) many years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home