Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Busy!

I have been swamped lately! Mostly with work - it's the change of months and that always means I have a few more things to do. Besides that, I'm really trying to study for this exam that is coming up in only TWO months!!! I have a LOT to study and learn before then! It really needs to take over my life.

I'm finishing up typing all the information into our parish directory. I'm excited that we will have one, but I've been gathering photos and information forms since the beginning of February. I really need to get it published soon before things change drastically (seems like people are always having babies, getting married, or moving in our parish). In 2 months, we'll have a new priest and it will be out of date anyway, but it will still be a useful base.

This weekend the girls have a birthday party they were invited to, then Emmelia has rehearsal on Saturday for her violin recital on Sunday! I'm really hoping she'll play her solo. She might not - this past weekend we had the Church School program and where was my child when they called her name to say her line ("God is Forgiveness")? Outside playing. Sigh. Well, we'll see how it goes - there really isn't a lot of pressure and that is nice. I think she might refuse because she's just been in that mood lately. At her lesson last week, she absolutely refused to participate, even leaving the studio and going outside while her teacher and I were talking. She's doing great with practicing, though. Her teacher gave me an idea for giving kids a visual idea of practice and we got the supplies for it this weekend. It's fairly simple - there is one box that has several tongue depressors. On each one is written a task to do - either a piece to play, or a rhythym to clap. Some non-violin-related things are thrown in, too, like "Give Papa a hug." As each task is accomplished, Emmelia gets to put the stick in another box and she can see visually how much she has done and how much more she has to do during practice. As she gets older, we can add or subtract sticks and she'll be able to read them on her own.

This weekend I went on a bike ride with the kids. We just rode over to the house of friends and the kids played a bit before we rode back. It was great to get out and enjoy the sunshine, though. Maura rode in the trailer and Emmelia rode the bike she got for Christmas! Even though we had to cross a very busy street, she did a wonderful job of staying with me and listening for direction.

Tomorrow is the funeral for one of the bus drivers at the daycare center. He had a stroke 2 weeks ago and went downhill quickly. The parent action committee is taking in food for the teachers to munch on during the day so they can have some time to just process and chat without having to worry about getting/heating their lunch. Emmelia has mentioned Mr. Jack a few times, so she is aware of what is going on. When I told her he died, she said she misses him and Grandad. She's a sweet girl. She often tells me how much she misses her grandad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home