Friday, September 02, 2005

Our Jibber-Jabbering girl

My baby is 17 months old today. Where has the time gone? She is such an integral part of our lives, I can barely remember what life was like with only one child. Maura has surprised us by being even more verbal than her sister was at this age and I just completed this scrapbook layout earlier in the week with the collection of words Maura uses consistently. She understands even more words than she can speak and we have not stressed sign language as much as we did with Em because Maura can usually speak words before/when she learns the sign.

Technically, since tandem nursing begins when you get pregnant while still nursing, I've now been tandem nursing for 26 months! Over two years of the most sacrificial and demanding thing I've ever done - but it's been worth it. I know even though some days it seems like way too much, I will look back on this time and be grateful to have had the opportunity to give them both the best start possible in life.

Note: The blog experienced a small amount of comment spam and I've made a couple of changes. Feel free to leave non-spammy comments, though! It may turn out to be naive to allow people to post comments anonymously, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home