Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Under the Weather

I've been under the weather for the better part of the last week. Nothing hugely serious, just some bug that has made it difficult for life to progress at its usual headlong rate. I haven't had a lot of energy to think about topics of interest for the blog - sorry.

The wonder-working icon of the Mother of God known as the Sitka Mother of God has been in Denver these past two days. I toyed with the idea of picking the kids up from daycare after work yesterday, feeding them "dinner" in the car and driving into the "belly of the beast" (as we call Denver) to see and venerate the icon. The Deac was busy with fire department business so it would've been all me. I came to my senses. I guess we are just going to have to go see the icon in its native habitat of Alaska. I've always wanted to visit Alaska anyway.

The bishop visited our parish this weekend. Normally this is a high-stress event for all involved. Because I was sick, I was especially glad for the excuse of having small children so that I did not have to do anything besides show up for the services and occasionally take a screaming child outside. Oh, and enjoy some yummy Arabic food along the way. I think the visit went well, especially from my end. ;-) At any rate, it was nice to see His Grace. Maura could've done less screaming, but then again she is getting her eye teeth.

Speaking of weather (under it or not), it's been incredibly beautiful here the past few days. Bright, clear blue skies and weather in the 80s. Tomorrow is supposed to be different and the chill of fall will definitely be in the air. I'm okay with that, though - fall is my favorite time of year. Emmelia keeps talking about wanting to jump in the piles of leaves. Apparently she remembers that fondly from last year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well hope you are 100% very soon!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Shamassy said...

Thanks, Cheryl! I am feeling loads better today (finally!).

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home