Thursday, January 26, 2006

What Barbie lacks

I had a choice of what to blog today: this or a rant about the state of our health care system since I was unable to get ear drops for Maura when her ear tubes started discharging some nasty stuff last weekend. I'll save the rant for later. ;-)

Meanwhile, here's a funny conversation I had with Emmelia the other day:

It happened - the pefect opening for that discussion about the non-reality of Barbie that I'd been waiting for with Emmelia... The other night she was playing with one and suddenly said "Mama, why doesn't this doll have NIPPLES?"

Okay, only a breastfed child would even notice that, don't you think?

Anyway, my answer was: "why would you expect her to have nipples when nothing else about her is realistic? She doesn't look at all like a real woman should look, does she?" Emmelia looked at me quizzically. But at least I didn't miss the opportunity to plant a seed (I hope).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home