Thursday, July 06, 2006

Burnt out

I am so tired lately, even though I've been having less trouble with insomnia. The girls wake me up at least 3 times a night, and lately I haven't been able to get to bed earlier than 11 pm or later.

But more than that, even, I just feel burnt out... life has been a constant drain on the energy reserves for the past 2 and a half months, and there is nothing there to replenish it. It would be nice if we could even think about going on a get-away or vacation when the Deac gets better, but we are both being forced to use any time off we get from work for various doctor's appointments, etc. If I ever strike it rich, I think I might start a foundation that pays for family vacations after a parent has been ill for a long period.

What's really scary is that, depending on the results of Monday's biopsy, this could just be the beginning of a very long road. Let's hope not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Hi- Emily from North Carolina here... found your blog while doing a search for 'trying, baby, metformin' and was encouraged to see your two beautiful girls.
I've had PCOS for 5 years, and at 27, my husband and I have decided we are ready to start trying. I took my first dose of Metformin last night :)
I've also dabbled a little bit with scrapbooking, and am interested in learning more about digital scrapbooking! :)
I'm bookmarking your blog :) Thanks!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Shamassy said...

Glad you found me, Emily.

I consider Metformin a miracle drug and hope you get your miracle soon!

Feel free to comment anytime.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home