Monday, January 30, 2006

Monkeyballs!



Boy am I tired. Who knew turning 35 could make you feel so old? Geesh.

I'm finally getting my groove back with regard to digiscrapping. I did these layouts in the past few days. They show the dichotomy I struggle with in my scrapping - I love looking at simple layouts but when I make mine, somehow they get more and more complicated. I want to use as many of the cool elements and papers that I can. I'm hoping to work on "simple" a little more in 2006.

It is nice that I'm getting some of our photos from our vacation (last November!) scrapped, finally.

The journalling on the "Monkeyballs!" layout reads (in case you don't feel like squinting):

Maura met her Uncle Dan for the first time when he flew down from Massachusetts to spend the first few days of our Florida vacation with us. They hit it off right away and Dan seemed to have a special talent for understanding Maura's toddler speech. After she would say something, he would guess what she said and repeat it back to her - usually he was right. One day Maura said something and Dan said "Monkeyballs?" We all laughed because the rest of us all knew that she was saying "Peek-a-boo!" We teased Dan mercilessly for the rest of the trip - especially since it seemed so funny that he thought she would actually SAY "Monkeyballs". Even after we got home, when Maura would talk on the phone with Uncle Dan, she would automatically say "Peek-a-Boo!" which of course sounded just like... Monkeyballs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home