Thursday, July 27, 2006

Cutie Patooties



We had a parish picnic after liturgy this past Sunday to celebrate St. Elias' feast day last week. It was a fun time. I got my camera out kinda late - after I noticed Maura and one of her little friends hugging and just generally being cute. Of course, by the time I got the camera out, they had stopped that, but I still snapped a couple cute ones of the kids.

Last night at swimming lessons I tried to take a cute photo of the kids. Maura wanted NOTHING to do with it, so wouldn't look at me. Emmelia just froze in place with a goofy smile on her face, hoping that Maura would accidentally look at me for a second and I could snap a photo. It didn't work very well. So suffice it to say I'm glad there are 4 more weeks left of swimming lessons this summer. The kids are really loving the water and both have become a lot more confident with it this year.

Emmelia really wants croc sandals - you know, those ugly little rubber clogs that look so comfortable? The ones that cost $30 even for kids whose feet grow quickly? I want some too. Sigh. So we'd be looking at a $90 deal if I got them. Not likely! But I did a little web research today and found some cheap knock-offs for half the price at Payless. The girls don't care if they are the real thing or not - they just want the "cool" shoes their friends have. I thought about ordering them on-line, but it would take 2-3 weeks for the free in-store delivery and I figure I can probably at least go look in the store to see if they have the right sizes before I do that. And maybe later I can get myself some real ones. {evil laugh}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home