Friday, September 22, 2006

Yep, it's Friday all right...

Ah, yes, it's Friday - must be time for another blog post. Hee. I've actually had a very productive week at work and got a lot of things done. In general, I've been swamped and along with it, my general state of exhaustion has grown. I hope to find some quality nap time this weekend.

Really, I didn't even have much of a chance to scrap this week. However my friend Christine just developed a new kit called My Boys: Dino Dig (available at Scrap Outside The Box) that I have fallen completely in love with. I used it to finally scrap the photos from our trip to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science with Emmelia's pre-K class this summer. First I made the dinosaur page, which was somewhat revolutionary for me - I rarely make pages that are more about the page than the photo. But this kit sort of made me HAVE to do that because there were just so many cool elements and papers I wanted to incorporate. So today I decided to make a 2nd page (you don't see that many 2-page layouts in the digiscrap world, but it is done occasionally) with the rest of the photos I liked from the field trip. So the two layouts hopefully balance each other. Plus I got to use some of Christine's excellent Simply Stitching on both layouts to help tie them together. A while back my friend Ginger Thibodeau put together a set of Giant Letter Patches that I used for the "museum" title - that worked out rather nicely, I think! Christine's stitching and Ginger's patches are available at Scrapbook-Elements.
Hope everyone has a lovely first weekend of fall! It promises to be cold and (possibly) even snowy here. I wonder if Emmelia will play ANY soccer games this season?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home