Tuesday, September 26, 2006

You Are My I Love You


I've been wanting to use this poem for a while now. I saw it on a layout in one of the digital scrapping galleries and fell in love with it. Turns out it's the words from a children's book by Maryann Cusimano Love called (appropriately enough) "You Are My I Love You." For the layout, I used a set of freebie papers by Jen Reed that were given away on the Digi Pick of the Day blog when she was interviewed. The colors are not what I normally work with, but went great (and, you know, are absolutely *stunning*) with this photo Emmelia took of me and Maura back in March. And I accented with some of Christine's excellent stitching - from her Autumn stitches collection and her Imperfect Browns.

Here's the poem from the book:

I am your parent,
you are my child.
I am your quiet place,
you are my wild.
I am your calm face,
you are my giggle.
I am your wait,
you are my wiggle.
I am your water wings,
you are my deep.
I am your open arms,
you are my running leap.
I am your way home,
you are my new path.
I am your dry towel,
you are my wet bath.
I am your dinner,
you are my chocolate cake.
I am your bedtime,
you are my wide awake.
I am your finish line,
you are my race.
I am your praying hands,
you are my saying grace.
I am your favorite book,
you are my new lines.
I am your night-light,
you are my star shine.
I am your lullaby,
you are my peek-a-boo,
I am your good night kiss,
you are my I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home