Tuesday, May 15, 2007

14 years!

Fourteen years ago today, in fact right around this time of day, the Deac and I were taking vows and saying "I do." It's hard to believe 14 years have gone by! But I'm glad to say that I'm married to my best friend. (awww)

We don't have any particular plans, but might go out to dinner later this week.

Tonight the girls have tumbling class, so that wraps up doing anything much tonight. Oh, and before tumbling class, Emmelia has karate. And today I just signed BOTH kids up (I don't have a baby anymore! *sniff* *sniff*) for soccer in the fall. And this summer there will be swimming lessons. We will be busy, but I think it will be a good kind of busy. We'll still be spending time with the kids and they'll be getting some exercise.

Mother's Day was nice, but would've been better if the kids had taken a nap. Hee. No, really, we had a nice day and Emmelia gave me a tulip-shaped recipe clip that she painted with her picture on it. Clipped to it was a recipe she invented for "chocolate cake." It included 2 cups Splenda and I realized that the Deac's diabetes is already having an effect on the way the girls think about food. In a good way, I think. Maura gave me a pot she decorated with tissue paper and glue. It had a few barely-started Aster seedlings in it. I'm keeping it at work where plants seem to thrive, rather than at home, where plants seem to die from neglect.

I took some photos of the girls on Sunday, and then later used the camera self-timer (the Deac had a fire call, so I had to be creative) to take some of all 3 of us together. Here's a layout I made with some of those photos:

I'm not completely enamored of this layout, but I can't quite put my finger on what I don't like about it. I do like Christine's new "Mother May I?" kit. It might be that I wouldn't have placed things that way, but sort of "had" to because of the template (of course, you never "have" to with a template - and in fact I did move some of the template pieces around). In other words, they aren't placed where I would have put them myself. Maybe that's it - and I do think it's a limitation of templates - they help you when you don't feel that creative, but they stifle creativity at the same time. Anyway, full credits are HERE.

Well, I'd better get going to pick up Emmelia, change her into her gi and take her to the dojo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home