Thursday, February 02, 2006

Emmelia's funny monster story

I absolutely adore how creative Emmelia is becoming as she learns more about how the world works around her. She loves to be told bedtime stories. The Deac is much more gifted at making up good stories to tell her. I, on the other hand, am not gifted at storytelling in the least. So instead I've taken up reading chapter books to Em at bedtime. Right now we're reading "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis. Emmelia listens incredibly attentively and is always upset when I stop reading because it is getting too late. I hope both girls are prolific readers as they grow up.

I just scrapped (above) my new favorite piece of school art. It is a picture Emmelia drew at Preschool and then told her teacher what was happening in the picture and the teacher wrote down what she said word for word. I love her story! And the picture actually matches the story pretty well. I was impressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home