Thursday, March 09, 2006

Русский язык очень трудный!

I have a Russian exam today and I'm a little worried about it because I met with my tutor yesterday and my brain seems to have stopped working. Seriously, I couldn't remember even basic vocabulary, let alone the important vocab and grammer from this chapter. Oh well - the exams usually end up to be easier than I expect so we'll hope for that again today. In this chapter we learned about shopping in Russia. It was kind of fun. As I just e-mailed a friend, I figure if I ever go to Russia, the two most important phrases to know are:

Где ванную? (Where is the bathroom?) and
Вы принимаете кредитные карточки? (Do you accept credit cards?)

Ha, ha.

Seriously, I need my brain to start working again soon. In June I'm supposed to take a certification exam to become a Certified Health Physicist. It's a VERY difficult exam - over 8 hours long and full of Physics and Statistics equations. There is NO WAY that I will pass it at this point. So if those brain cells could start functioning again, that would be wonderful.

Speaking of Health Physics, on Tuesday night we had a meeting of the local Health Physics Society chapter. The President-Elect of the national Society was there and gave a presentation on the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and their work in recovering lost and orphaned radiation sources around the world. It was fascinating. I would SO love to work for the IAEA - 3 years in Vienna, Austria... what a great experience that would be for the girls, too. Sigh... maybe someday (especially if I can actually pass that blasted exam!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home