Thursday, May 11, 2006

Love conquers all

Last night I said to Emmelia: "Hey, Emmelia, you know what?" And she said, unexpectedly: "I know what you're going to say, Mama... you're going to say 'I love you'!" She was right, and it was pretty cute.

Things have been hard lately.

The Deac and Maura both have pneumonia. For the Deac it has meant over 2 weeks of fevers, a virtual cocktail of meds and generally feeling pretty icky. We're hoping he's back on his feet by next week and can avoid the hospital. For Maura it meant a few days at home and some antibiotics she seems to be responding to well. Since her lungs are in bad shape generally, we also had to re-start nebulizer treatments. She's doing better with them now that she's a little older, though.

I am getting caught up at work and itching to do some digi-scrapping. The blurry vision is still a bit of a hindrance, but the lubricating drops they gave me seem to help a little. It might turn out to be dryness related to the hormone treatment - that's probably the most likely scenario. But we'll see in a few weeks.

And I miss my Dad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to give you a cyber hug!!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home