Friday, July 28, 2006

Clog success!

Ah, the mundane excitements of parenthood. Today at lunch I decided to check out the Payless store near my office. And look what I found!!
It's a little sad how excited I am to have found these in perfect colors and all 3 pairs for only around $40! The girls are going to be absolutely thrilled with their pink and purple water clogs! And I love my blue pair. They are very light and comfortable.

That excursion didn't take long, so I also found some time to put together a quick layout about swimming lessons. I decided to use one of the photos I took Wednesday night that wasn't perfect but that at least shows the kids are happy. The kit I used is a freebie this month from 2Peas, but the title strip and "enjoy life" tag were actually freebies from ScrapGirls. The journalling on the tag reads: "Maura didn't feel like posing for photos this night, but enjoyed her parent-child swim class. Her favorite activities were swimming through the hula hoop and jumping in from the edge. Emmelia did two sessions of the Pike level and learned to kick and dog paddle with a noodle. She has really gained a lot of confidence." I decided to leave out the story about how Maura puked in the kiddie pool one night and they had to close it (I think she had swallowed some water) - that was memorable. But I do kind of wish I'd found a way to include my favorite quote from Maura this year: "No Mama! I swim by myself!" She's so into trying new things and saying "I do it myself!" that she wanted to swim in the big pool without me. I don't think she fully understood what she was asking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home