Monday, June 19, 2006

Playing catch up

Even the idea of blogging has seemed overwhleming lately. I suppose the best thing to do is just to jump back into it and take it slowly at first.

Here's a great photo of Emmelia I captured last week when we met my cousin Beckie for dinner. She was in town for a work-related training so the girls and I joined her and her co-workers for burgers and ice cream on Thursday. Unfortunately, the Deac wasn't feeling up to going out that evening.

I went swimming with the girls THREE times in the past week. It's been fun. Once was swimming lessons, which both girls seem to enjoy much more this year. They are both happy to be in the water now. Last Friday, I used some of my volunteer hours from work to go along with Emmelia's pre-K class on a field trip to the local Rec Center. That was fun, but exhausting to have 16 4- and 5-year-olds hanging on me in the water for 2 hours. The next day, the girls and I met our friends T. and J. from my iVillage due date board at a fun pool up north. We had a great time, although Maura was traumatized at the end by the giant bucket of water that started pouring down on pool-goers.

This week I will be joining Emmelia's class for a field trip to the Planetarium and a trip to another local pool. And Emmelia's godparents are stopping by tonight for a short visit on their way through town. We are very excited to see them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home