Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Getting My Groove Back!

I made a really cool layout about our struggles with pneumonia this spring with the Urban Kiwi kit from Shabby Princess (love her stuff!). But the Deac, understandably, felt a little weird about me posting personal medical information on my blog - the journalling was pretty complete about all we've been through this spring. It's one thing to scrap an event and another to share it with the general anonymous universe. So if you want to see the layout, I can think of at least 3 ways you could do that if you are interested and know me.

Anyway, this was one of those layouts that forms in your mind well before you open the graphics program to scrap it - and that is a much more satisfying way to scrap than just beginning from scratch. When I begin from scratch I am rarely happy with how my layout turns out - usually it seems too busy.

I'm a firm believer that
A) Scrapping is therapeutic and
B) We can't just scrap the good times.

So even though the Deac is not quite recovered, it was good to get the whole pneumonia odyssey down on a scrapbook page so that we can move on.

And I feel like I'm getting my groove back! This is good. Life's been too over-whelming lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home