Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fun Weekend

We had a really fun weekend. My mom came up to visit and take the kids to Build-a-Bear Workshop to celebrate Maura's birthday. We drove up to the shop and Maura was pretty overwhelmed with all the critters you could pick to stuff. She finally picked one and, as we were waiting in line she spotted a fountain outside that kids were playing in. In typical 3-year-old fashion, all bears and animals were forgotten in favor of playing in that fountain. So we put everything down and went outside for a while. Here's Maura and Grammy enjoying the fountain:
But, after that fun time, we coaxed the girls back into the store and proceeded to spend lots of money. Three dolls came home with us - Maura's pink bear named Tropher, Emmelia's Hello Kitty named Laura, and a snow leopard firefighter doll named Blaze that I got for the Deac in celebration of our 14th anniversary. Here's Maura with Tropher (I'm really not sure where she came up with that name!):
While we were there, we also made a bear to be donated to an international adoptions charity.

Here's the Deac completing the birth certificate for Blaze (so cute, isn't it?):

On Sunday, the Deac helped out with a wildland firefighting training while the girls and I hung out with Grammy. We went out to our favorite place for breakfast and got some flowers to plant in the yard. Grammy was kind enough to help us plant everything before she left, which is good because I was beginning to get tired (more about that later). We also made a concrete stepping stone with the girls' handprints in it for Grammy for her Mother's Day present.

Yeah, so on Monday I realized I had mastitis. I had been sick the week before, but chalked it up to a virus that has been going around. Over the weekend, I developed breast pain and the red streaking characteristic of an infection and by Monday there was no denying it. So I called my doc and got some antibiotics. I thought about trying to treat it to avoid antibiotics, but pretty much every source I looked at agreed that if red streaking is present for more than 48 hours, antibiotics are necessary. And I do have to say I feel a lot better - I didn't even realize how bad I felt until I felt better, if you know what I mean. I'm just still tired, probably from the antibiotics themselves. My goal this weekend is to take it easy (within reason - there's still weeds to pull).

Next week my baby graduates from pre-K. They are having a ceremony, complete with little caps and gowns. I know it will be so cute. I just wish we knew what school she'll be going to next year. Actually, there's no rush as long as she gets into the one we want.

As of today, there are only 47 days until the CHP exam. Which, I found out today, will likely be in Lakewood. Bleh. That means I have to drive about an hour to an hour and a half to get there and the exam begins at 8 am. Bleh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home