Thursday, October 19, 2006

Awards lunch

Today we had an Awards lunch at work as a sort of motivation-building morale booster. It was fun, and we had a catered lunch from Qdoba, which was yummy. I received the "Smart is Only Half the Battle Award" with the following write-up:

She has been described as a stabilizing force and a straight to the point problem solver. Her sharp tongue, quick wit, and extensive technical knowledge make some regard her as a possible genius. She also does an amazing job of balancing a busy personal life with her professional responsibilities, and has the patience of a saint.

I'm not sure about the "patience of a saint" part. I think that's something I am always working toward, though. My father confessor says that when there is something we ask God to help us with, He tends to give us lots of opportunities to practice! But "possible genius" - POSSIBLE? Hee - just kidding.

Since the Deac works in the same department as me now, he also got an award. I don't have his write-up in front of me but his award title was "Captain Amazing." I'm sure that won't go to his head... but now I have a fun nickname for him. It's a shout-out to one of our favorite movies of all time - "Mystery Men"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home