Monday, October 23, 2006

Holy Chipotle, Batman!

I eschewed my nutritious low-carb packed lunch today to join a co-worker at Chipotle. But at least I tried to make good choices in terms of picking a "bol" over a burrito, etc. This afternoon, I got curious what I had really eaten in nutrition terms and found this Chipotle nutrition calculator on a website. Suffice it to say, I ate way too many carbs. And calories. And fat. Sigh. At least it tasted good. So... in the future, instead of my "regular" Veggie Fajita Burrito with salsa, cheese, sour cream, guac and lettuce I'll be ordering something much more spartan. Perhaps a Chicken Fajita Bol (no rice) with salsa, cheese and lettuce. Unfortunately, I still have to pay $7 for the slimmed down version, but it still might be a nice occasional splurge.

Speaking of spending money and occasional splurges... we took the kids to the pumpkin patch yesterday after church. Instead of going to the one we went to last year that was reasonably priced but didn't have a lot of activities other than pumpkin picking, we decided to visit the place Emmelia's class went on a field trip last week. She loved it and Maura wanted to visit and do all the things she had heard her big sister talk about. It was fun, if more expensive than we'd planned. Since we only do it once a year, it's not a big deal. But we will still have to buy some pumpkins at the supermarket, since we only came home with gourds. Maura's very favorite part was riding the barrel train. She wanted to do it so badly and when the time came to load up, she insisted on riding in her own car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home