Friday, January 12, 2007

Franken-foot

I got my cast off yesterday! YEAY!

My foot looks really quite freaky. It is swollen from the surgery and being compressed in the cast for two weeks, not to mention the 3 incisions the orthopedist made. I got my stitches out yesterday, too, and they gave me a "walking boot" to wear for the next 2 months.

I was looking forward to tossing the crutches to the side, but it turns out that it really HURTS to put your weight down on a newly lengthened tendon.... really, really hurts. So I have to use the crutches for a little support until I get used to the pain and stretching feeling the walking boot provides. Sigh.

Still, I'm very excited that I will soon have a new and functional foot. The doc had me move my foot up yesterday and it moved into a normal 90-degree angle - something my foot has NEVER been able to do. It will be great to be able to be more active with less pain.

Off to rest and take a pain pill...

1 Comments:

Blogger ymA said...

Glad to hear your cast came off. Sending well wishes for a speedy recovery.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home