Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pirate Pumpkins Say Arrrr

Boy, I've just been *tired* lately! Haven't even felt like scrapping much lately. Of course, there's been a lot going on, too.

Anyway, my friend Amy (Doodleboogs at SOTB) posted this challenge last week after she saw the photos of our Potato Head pumpkins here on my blog. She wanted us to use the pumpkin photo and make a quirky/doodly layout. Now, I love quirky and doodly layouts, but I have not been able to figure them out. I would *love* to learn that style, but haven't managed it yet. So I've been thinking some about this challenge, and here's what I came up with:
It's more quirky than doodly, but was fun to put together. The best part of making it was that I was able to use the graphics tablet I got for Christmas last year. I really need some remedial drawing instruction, though - it's a lot harder to draw a ship than I thought it would be.

Go ahead, leave a comment. I won't be offended if it's just laughing at my rudimentary doodling skills.

Oh - and don't forget to go vote today. The polls are open for another 2 hours.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you did too bad drawing the ship. One thing you could try would be to darken the inside of the boat to show depth. Crosshatching might work well for that.

A gangplank might be a good touch for a pirate.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home