Thursday, February 08, 2007

A big week

This past week we were a Nielson family. We received a TV diary in the mail and kept track of all of our TV viewing. I was pleasantly surprised to find that we don't actually watch that much television (or maybe that was because we knew we'd have to keep track of what we watched if we turned it on? No, it wasn't that hard to keep track). I also realized that we use TiVo a LOT. It has really revolutionized our life in that we are no longer slaves to our favorites shows. We can live life and watch what we want, when we want. And fast-forward through commercials. Life has really changed since I was a kid!

Yesterday I went out to Sephora at lunch and got my birthday present. As part of my mini midlife crisis, I decided I needed good makeup. Many, many people recommended the Bare Essentuals makeup by Bare Minerals, so that's what I got. And... I really love it! It is fun, easy, light and looks really natural and good. I have gotten several comments today about how good I look - that's never happened with makeup before. So I'm pretty excited about that.

Today I see the orthopedist for a follow-up on my tendon surgery. I think my foot is doing really well. I am LOVING having a working foot! I think I have to wear the walking boot for another month, but this week I was finally allowed to begin driving again! It is so nice to be fairly autonomous again! Of course, it also means I have a lot of errands to run, like picking up dog food today.

After my ortho appointment, I will head up to the Advanced Reproductive Medicine clinic to see my doctor there. We will be talking about the adenomyosis and possible options. I think we've tried all the treatment options besides hysterectomy, so we'll see what else he has to offer. It is a big appointment as it could be the end of my reproductive days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meesh said...

Glad your foot is on the mend!

We use our DVR (tivo) all the time- I've gotten to where I get very annoyed at real time TV!

Good luck with your other Dr. appt- I would feel the same as you re: the hysto. I know I am done having kids- but the idea of never being able to again is a bit overwhelming. If I had to I would though but suck having to go through that.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home