Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pretty in Purple

Okay, I admit it. I secretly do get a kick out of dressing my kids in matching outfits. I sometimes roll my eyes at other people who do it. But, you know, it's actually kind of fun to do now, before they get old enough to rebel against it. And, hey - the'll need *something* to talk about in therapy, right? Here's a great photo I took of the girls this morning in some new shirts I picked up at Target yesterday. I actually think it's the best photo I've ever taken of them together:
I have been working on putting together an invitation to Maura's birthday party. I am thinking of having a Curious George theme for her. She loves Curious George and is just very Curious-George-like herself. I mean, I don't think a "Danger Mouse" theme would go over very well. This year, Maura's birthday falls on Monday of Holy Week. Let me tell you, Holy Week is a BUSY time for Orthodox Christians. So, we will be delaying her party until the Saturday after Pascha this year. I doubt she'll mind all that much since 3 year olds (can you believe she's going to be THREE?) don't have a great sense of time. Anyway, I'm trying to combine the Curious George thing with Maura's favorite color (purple) on the invites. It's a bit challenging, but I'm sure it will all come together.

Here's what I have so far - obviously the party information will go in the purple box. What do you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

I like it. Just for kicks, I wonder how it would look if Maura was slightly larger and overlapped the purple square. Maybe not al good but I'm curious.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home