Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Whew!

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Work has been crazy because of the flood we had here. But all the carpets have been dried and cleaned and the walls painted and most of our furniture is back where it was to begin with. I only lost a couple of breastfeeding books a friend had returned to me the day before the flood... shouldn't leave things on the floor, I guess.

Last week was a busy one. It seems like Lent is the busiest time of the year for us. And I'm not even talking about the extra church services that happen during Lent - I can't make most of those because of the kids. No, life seems to hit high gear in the spring.

The Deac had a CT scan last week that *finally* showed resolution of the pneumonia! Ten months after he got sick, that part is well. Now we are still working on the nerve issue and my uterine issue and maybe... just maybe... this will be a better year than last.

I have been in a major scrapping rut lately. Not sure why, although the busyness probably contributes. I did manage this layout yesterday. I'm trying to ease back in slowly to get my creative juices flowing again.

Also last week, I took some photos of the Deac in his firefighting garb for an article that is going to be published about him in the magazine of his alma mater. Here are the ones that were my favorites:

I wish sometimes I'd been able to figure out exactly how to become a National Geographic photographer. Along with doctor, astronaut and FBI agent, that was one of my most-hoped-for career choices growing up. I wonder what the girls will end up doing. We are pretty sure Emmelia would make a good lawyer. She has the negotiating skills to do well. Maura? Well, for a while we've figured she'd grow up to be a proctologist. There's a reason for that, but I'll leave it to your imagination.

Only 8 more days in the walking boot. Not that I'm counting down or anything....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home