Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Quick scraps

My friend Christine made a beautiful quickpage with her equally beautiful "A Bit of Hope" kit and gave it out as a freebie in this month's newsletter from Scrapbook-Elements. I knew immediately it was perfect for that photo of Maura at NCAR. Isn't the page pretty? I love the stitched flowers. I've actually had this kit downloaded for a while, but it's so pretty that I feel completely intimidated by it. It was nice to "get my feet wet" with it a little using the quickpage. Full credits can be seen HERE.
And, I listened to my Mom (!) and made the photo of Maura a little bigger on her invitation like she suggested. Thanks, Mom - I like how it looks. Now to get over the fear of having 15-20 two and three year olds (okay, a few are older siblings) in my HOUSE for 2 hours! I need to find some good activities to keep them busy. But I still have a few weeks for that. We had Emmelia's 3rd birthday at McDonald's for this very reason. But, we're trying to model healthier living, and so McDonald's is out. Besides, Maura wanted to have the party at her house. I guess I don't necessarily have to invite her entire daycare class, but they are all friends so it's hard to choose just a few. AUUUUUGGGGHHHH! Okay, I feel better now. We can handle it.

The nice thing is, the house *should* be clean from our annual Bright Week (the week after Pascha/Easter) BBQ. Normally we have it on Friday of that week and have a huge bash, but there is a giant fundraiser dinner/dance happening that night for some of the Denver-area parishes and we don't want to compete too much. So this year we moved it to Wednesday and decided to keep it a lot smaller than in the past. We'll probably just invite a few other clergy couples and keep it casual. Here's the invite I designed for that:


It gave me an excuse to use the "Dinner Party" kit from Shabby Princess. I need to get all these invites printed out and delivered! The dates will sneak up on us at the rate this year is flying by...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Maura on the rock. She has a glamour girl look in her pose! But the layout is really supper! Love that kit!.

Also like the invitation better with the larger picture. I think the larger size makes her more important, and the party is for her, after all.

(Who says the party has to last 2 hours? How about 1 or 1.5 hours?)

Love you

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the layout is super, not supper.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home