Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Still Studying....

That's odd - it looks like I didn't ever post the layouts I made a week or so ago about Em's graduation and last year's Halloween fun. I didn't set out to do a Halloween layout, specifically, but the daughter of some friends of ours is having a birthday party this weekend and wanted a witch party (long story, has to do with pinatas). I offered to make the invitations and was looking through my scrapping supplies for witch-related themes and decided to just scrap the Halloween photos, already.

Here are the credits for Preschool Graduation and Halloween 2006.
So I didn't go to the nurse-in, after all. Some friends called and wanted to get together and so we spent Saturday morning cleaning the house. It desperately needed it, so it felt good to get the clutter under control again. The birthday parties were fun for the girls, but not that well attended. I guess Father's Day weekend is a bad weekend to hold birthday parties. Who knew? Our Father's Day was pretty boring - in fact everyone pretty much took a long nap in the afternoon (I finished my novel for my book club - The Time Traveler's Wife. Next we read The Life of Pi). But the Deac enjoyed the new John Mclean book we got him and the gifts the girls made for him at daycare (peanut-based gifts seem to be popular at the daycare):
Later in the day we went out shopping and ended up with new soccer balls for the girls, as well as adorable little purple and pink catcher's mitts that light up when you catch a ball. So the Deac played catch with Emmelia while Maura and I kicked her new soccer ball around the yard. It was a nice day.
Well, only 20 days left until the big exam, and I've got more lectures to cover. Wish me brain power!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candy was just telling me about the life of PI and said she thought I would like it. May I borrow it from you?
Or I can see if it is at the library.

Candy just got back from Paris and Scotland. The pictures of Paris are so beautiful I think I might like to go! Such beautiful details in the buildings, museums, streets, the tower!

Mom

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home